Design and Manufacturing of a Low Temperature Switch for the Railroad Industry
[Click to enlarge]
This temperature switch was designed for an international client in the rail industry. They needed a rugged, compact switch with an extremely low temperature set point and an industry-required universal electrical connector. The temperature requirements were outside the parameters of our standard components, and after some research, we were able to design a product that would meet their needs.
We produced 3D computer-generated conceptual designs for client approval, and two rounds of prototypes and temperature testing before final launch. In the end, the client was thrilled with the final design and the product successfully passed their rigorous evaluation process.
Low Temperature Switch for the Railroad Industry Project Highlights
- Product Description
- This temperature switch is used within a railroad application.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Research & Design
- Communicated w/Client to Understand all Requirements
- Establish Team to Perform Research to Find the Suitable Components
- Generate Conceptual Design for Customer Approval
- SolidWorks Utilized to Generate 3D CAD Models
- Design and Manufacture Tooling for Production and Inspection
- Machine Components to Produce a Working Prototype
- Submit to Client for Evaluation
- Manufacture Final Product for Secondary and Final Evaluation
- Perform Evaluation based Off of Customer Feedback for any Production Improvements
- Low Temperature Set Point
Universal Electrical Connector Required Within their Industry
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Temperature Testing
Designed Customized Tooling to Test the Product
- Industry for Use
- Standards Met
- Customer supplied specifications.
- Product Name
- Low Temperature Switch