Design and Manufacturing of a Pressure Switch for Pneumatics Application
[Click to enlarge]
This pressure switch was designed for a client specializing in pneumatic technologies. They needed a pneumatic pressure switch with a low pressure set point, high cyclic capacity and had to be cost effective. Our existing pressure switches was not able to entirely meet their requirements, so we worked together to design a product that would meet their needs, standards and price point.
Our team generated a design using the following design guidelines: quality function deployment (QFD); design for assembly (DFA); design for manufacturing (DFM) and design for functionality (DFF). The client visited our facility and together we discussed additional improvements and functionality requirements. Prototypes were created for evaluation and client testing and we used that feedback to finalize and perfect the design.
Pressure Switch for Pneumatics Application Project Highlights
- Product Description
- This pressure switch is used within a pneumatics application. The client was looking for a pneumatic pressure switch with minimal components.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Research & Design
- Had Discussion w / Client to Understand all Requirements
- Perform Research & Development to Identify any Design Changes That Could be Recommend to Improve Existing Design
- Generate Conceptual Design for Customer Approval
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
- Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Design for Functionality (DFF)
- Visited Client to Gain Feedback on Design
- SolidWorks Utilized to Generate 3D CAD Models
- Submit to Client for Evaluation
- Manufacture First Article Prior to Full Production Run
- Perform Evaluation based Off of Customer Feedback for any Production Improvements
- High Cyclic Capability
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Pressure Testing
- Industry for Use
- Standards Met
- Customer supplied specifications.
- Product Name
- Pneumatic Pressure Switch