Rugged, Low Differential Switch for the Mining Industry
A client in the mining industry contacted us with a problem they were having with their existing pressure switch. Their switch would occasionally fail due to the harsh abuse and environmental conditions for which the switch was subjected to. They also requested for a switch with a tighter dead band for their application.
We had a client meeting to make sure we fully understood their application and sought for more information on how our competitor’s switch was failing to meet their expectations. We quickly realized that the existing switch they were using was not suitable for their application.
Thus, we suggested a modified version of our SMA switch that would withstand the harsh environmental conditions and to achieve a lower differential. We satisfied the customer’s expectation with an IP67 ingress protection and low temperature capabilities. Furthermore, we satisfied the customer’s “wish list”, by integrating the extra features that they wanted in the switch.
We worked quickly and kept our customer informed at every phase. This open communication allowed for a quick submission in prototype delivery. Within weeks, we were able to develop a product that met their application and environmental conditions. We are proud to say that the customer has been very content with our willingness to listen and to develop a product specifically for them.
Pressure Switch for the Fire Suppression Industry Project Highlights
- Product Description
- This pressure switch is used within a fire suppression application. We had to design this pressure switch to meet the customer requirements.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Research & Design
- Had Discussion with Client to Understand all Requirements
- Visited Client to Further Understand Their Application and Design Constraints
- Perform Research & Development to Identify any Design Changes That Could be Recommend to Improve Existing Design
- Generate Conceptual Design for Customer Approval
- Performed In House Analysis to Verify Conditions That the Product Would be Used in.
- SolidWorks Utilized to Generate 3D CAD Models
- Manufacture First Article Prior to Full Production Run
- Perform Evaluation based Off of Customer Feedback for any Production Improvements
- Under 500 PSI Pressure
Low Temperature Capability
High Ingression Protection Requirement
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Visual Inspection
- Industry for Use
- Fire Suppression
- Standards Met
- Customer supplied specifications.
- Product Name
- SKBA Pressure Switch